Need Flex Migration Help?
- Adobe ends Flash player support in 2020
- Flex apps will no longer function
- We can help migrate your app
Adobe has finally released the details on Flash Media Server 3. Buried deep in the release is the most exciting news, the packaging and pricing. They have dropped all limitations on bandwidth, concurrent users and all that, and simply offer two tiers of service. The Streaming Server, which is ideal for anyone who simply wants to stream live or on demand media to end users, is available for $995. The interactive server, which adds full support for Server Side Action Script, and all the additional goodies, is available for $4500.
With these drastically lower prices, gone is the single largest complaint about FMS, that it was simply too expensive. Streaming media is now affordable for nearly everyone who may want it.
Both versions fully support:
* H.264 (Hi-Def Video),
* greatly simplified set up and administration for streaming video,
* HE-AAC Audio (High Efficiency Audio)
* Much higher capacity than previous versions (nearly double the # of streams per server)
FMS 3.0 is expected to be released to the public in January.