Need Flex Migration Help?
- Adobe ends Flash player support in 2020
- Flex apps will no longer function
- We can help migrate your app
- The timing method I am using only has millisecond resolution. So, the difference between 0 and 1 millisecond could change in subsequent calls. I would pay more attention to the difference between 1 and 100, which is what we really care about.
- Right not the default number of items being created in each structure is set to 5000. You can change this and the insert/delete numbers by changing the constants in the main MXML file
- Playing with the aforementioned numbers will really help you get a sense of how these things work. For instance, it is really interesting to see the difference between sorting the ArrayCollection up front or later as the array size grows.
- There are (n) more variations of each of these.. using push() instead of direct addressing. Telling the vectors to be fixed size instead of dynamic. I kept this open enough that you should be able to add those cases and explore as you see fit, but I didn’t cover every permutation in this code
- I added some filters on the main page so that you can easily lose/add tests or datapoints to get a better view of the data
- I didn’t include the LinkedListCollection code in this package. I will get that out soon, but I want to clean it up and comment it. It is confusing to me right now and I wrote it
Okay, so, that’s it. Have fun and play. In the end, this is all about finding the best tool for any particular job.