FlexManiacs 2007 – Getting Started with Apollo

As promised, here are the starting files from my "FlexManiacs 2007 – Getting Started with Apollo" session.  Thanks for attending my session, I hope you enjoyed it and the FlexManiacs Conference.

Overall, i thought this conference was a great success.  Many attendees of all levels.  Great networking, Great debates, and an all around good time.

8 Comments

AJ – seems like you are probably missing an import statement for the FileMode class. Try adding this to the top of the Script block (by your other imports):
    import flash.filesystem.FileMode;

• by Jeff Tapper
    • 12:08 am, August 3, 2007

I am trying to use this tutorial to build a test AIR app that reads my iTunes library and will also grab my “recently played” tracks. The problem I am having is that Flex Builder 3 is erroring out with just the very first stream.open(file, FileMode.READ); command. It says, “1120: Access of undefined property FileMode.”. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

• by A visitor
    • 12:08 am, August 3, 2007

import flash.filesystem.FileMode;

• by Jeff Tapper
    • 12:08 am, August 3, 2007

• by A visitor
    • 12:08 am, August 3, 2007

Thanks Jeff – about 10 minutes after I posted that I realized I was missing that, d’oh! Here is another question for you tho – any thoughts on how to parse out the Recently Played portion to get the track ID’s, then select them from the array created of tracks…I’m getting there, but this itunes library xml file is a pain. I can show you what i’ve got – basically I parse to the dict.array.dict level (playlists), and get to the Recently Played – but then the track id’s are deeper then that. Any help would be awesome Thanks!

• by A visitor
    • 12:08 am, August 4, 2007

• by A visitor
    • 12:08 am, August 4, 2007

Okay – I got mine parsing out playlists as well, if anyone is interested I can share the code. Thanks Jeff for this awesome example – really helped me get over the hump!

• by A visitor